How you answer these questions will reveal the impact your work has on you, your community, and your world.
1. As a result my work, was anyone harmed or made unhealthy?
2. As a result of my work, was anyone diminished?
3. To do my work, was anyone required to earn less than they ought to, expose themselves to negative work environments or unhealthy work conditions?
4. Through my work, are the contracts I make with others mutually respectful?
5. Is there an excessive/harmful gap between my earnings and those who help me earn them, or the reverse?
6. Does you work have a negative effect on your mind or heart?
7. Is my work perfectly aligned with who I am? Do I love what I do, am I good at it and does it fill me with a sense of meaning?
8. Does my work afford me the ability to work on other things that are important to me?
9. Do I do my work for free leaving myself uncared for?
10. Do I over or under-perform my work? Is my effort in balance?
Give yourself 1 point for every statement you responded \”no\” to:
8-12 Knocking it out of the park!
- You likely have created work for yourself that has both a positive effect on you and others! Keep honing it from here – there is always room for growth.
4-7 Figuring it out.
- Seems there might still be some work for you to do with regards to your Right Livelihood. What is one change that you might make now to head in the right direction?
1-3 Feeling the Burn.
- It\’s very likely that the way you are working right now is harming you and others. This could be affecting you more than your realize. Is it time to start making changes?
Want a step-by-step guide to find and live your life purpose? My Morning Mindset Life Purpose is an inspirational daily video series that delivers tips, insights and exercises straight to your inbox for three weeks. Morning Mindset will help you step-in your purpose and live your life to its fullest. Learn more here!