Ever wonder, “Why is finding your purpose so important?” It seems like it requires a lot of effort (all that personal development work ), time (all those hours spent doing that personal development work), and even money (you probably pay someone to guide you in your work). So, is it worth it?
There are two ways to go through life: We can strive to be conscious of our purpose and pursue it, or we can leave that call unanswered. When we choose to be more conscious, we live the same peaks and valleys of life as everyone else, but we experience them differently. The peaks and valleys in the life of a conscious person inform them, strengthen them, and ultimately lead them to greater well being.
If we live an unconscious life, without purpose, life just happens to us.
“Finding your Life Purpose means that you feel good with the way that you are situated in the world and your actions in it have a sense of meaning to you. It does not mean that you have suddenly discovered that you are going to be the person to cure cancer (although that is a possibility). Our purpose is, more often than not, not one act or one career, but a greater sense that our inside self and our outer life are in alignment.” [Excerpt from 4 Giant Ways Your Life Changes When You Find Your Purpose]
Why is finding your purpose so Important? Here are 7 Reasons Why:
1. Meaning: Finding your life purpose creates a sense of meaning in your life. You know what you love to do, what you are good at, and how you can contribute to the world.
2. Place: Finding a sense of meaning to life gives you a sense of place. When you have found your purpose, it is easier to know where you belong. You also gain an understanding of the environments and communities that you benefit from connecting with.
3. Choice: When you know your life purpose you are more easily able to exercise choice in each moment of your life. You know better whether a situation or person really fits in your life because you know why you are here and what you want to do.
4. Sense of self: Knowing your life purpose gives you a clearer sense of who you are. It is as if you have distilled your life down to its essence by connecting with your purpose.
5. Ease: Believe it or not, knowing your purpose makes life easier. You know what to pay attention to and what is less important. You spend less time and energy caught up on the things that don’t really have impact.
6. Positive Impact: Knowing your purpose allows you to have a much greater impact on the world. Your purpose allows you to have the most profound impact – but only if you actually live it. Find your purpose and help contribute to a better world.
7. Confidence: When you know your life purpose you are more confident. You know that you are here for a reason and that your contribution counts. Be confident in the knowledge that we ALL have a purpose, whether we have found it yet or not.
I help women step into their personal power and gain control of their life. To learn more, click here to sign up for my newsletter or visit the links below to read more about personal power and life purpose.